Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Welcome to Abuela and I !

So 2009 didn't exactly turn out the way that I had planned. I have just recently graduated from college with a BA in Journalism. But don't see myself becoming a journalist as soon as I would have liked. I have always had a deep passion for writing since a very young age. And as a result I have always believed that I would make a career out of writing. But unfortunately due to today's current economic status my dream plans have been put on hold. So I was working part-time as an administrative assistant in a medical office and that completely turned out to be a nightmare. So I ended up quitting this week. I know it sounds strange to quit your job the week of Christmas...but lets just say that I couldn't stay there a day longer. But I have to admit that though this has been a very rough season something good did come from it all. Since I was only working part-time and I had all this spare time,early this September I decided to learn how to cook. And who better to teach me than my wonderful abuela (grandma). She is one of the best, most passionate cooks I know. And since we started cooking some time in early September not only have I discovered this hidden passion I've had for the kitchen, but have also discovered a lot about my abuela Celeste. I guess you can say the experience has even brought us closer together. For months I have been struggling with an idea for a blog. First I thought of creating a music blog, than attempted to create a fashion blog and none of it felt original. So here I am blogging about my experiences in the kitchen cooking with my amazing 81 year old abuela. So enjoy the stories and enjoy abuela's yummy recipes!

3 comments:

  1. keep writing Jo! I know who I am inviting to my next Pot Luck

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed! Never put the pen down, or the laptop away for that matter ;-). I'm looking forward to the blog and it is definitely original!

    ReplyDelete