Sunday, January 10, 2010

Abuela is going on vacation!


Hello fellow readers! My dear abuela will be vacationing in the Dominican Republic for about 2 months. She is actually leaving this Tuesday. It's getting colder in NYC, so she's heading to the Caribbean to relax, enjoy the company of family and friends and take in the beautiful warm weather over there. However, the blogging and the cooking must go on. Since abuela will not be here to show me how to make some of her yummy recipes, she has written a few of her recipes for me to make while she is gone. And to spice things up a bit I have also decided to create a few recipes of my own...lets see how that goes.

We have decided that while she is gone, the both of us will continue to research recipes to share with one another for when she comes back. She is going to bring back with her a list of recipes I have requested. And I am going to teach myself a few recipes that the both of us have been interested in learning.

Abuela said she is going to bring back some matching aprons for the both of us. I'm pretty excited about that. I'm going to try to buy some more useful kitchen appliances as well as some nice, white, contemporary plates for display. So stay tuned and see how my meals will come out with out the supervision of my dear abuelita!

What do you think I should make this week?

1 comment:

  1. I'm not sure what you should make, but I do have an interesting idea...what do you say you invite fellow bloggers over so we can vote on your created meals. Um...I think it sounds like a plan...don't you? Lol

    ReplyDelete